Ogawa Master Drive Ai 2.0 vs. Ogawa Active L 3D Comparison
by Sean Scott on Apr 12, 2023
The Ogawa Master Drive Ai 2.0 and Ogawa Active L 3D have become two of our most popular massage chairs and we get a log of questions about their differences. In this comparison we review the differences in features and technology. The first thing to point out is Ogawa is unique in that they design and manufacturer all of their massage chairs. They have a catalog of patented massage features which they incorporate into the design of their chairs and how they work. They also focus on having high quality cutting edge chairs and since they control the whole lifecycle this helps them keep their chairs feature rich and affordable without sacrificing quality. Their massage chairs are also designed to be lifelike, therapeutically effective, mimic real massage therapy sessions, and easy to use. This will set Ogawa chairs apart from the majority of other brands as other brands do not design or manufacture their chairs. Now lets compare the features.
Ogawa Master Drive Ai 2.0 vs. Ogawa Active L 3D Comparison Features
The Ogawa Master Drive AI will have a 4D Brushless Motor massage roller mechanism. This is designed to provide the smoothest most lifelike massage pressure. There are 5 levels of intensity and a dedicated computer chip that enables it to have the most accurate body scan technology. The Active L 3D has our 3D Intelliglide roller which is a medical grade robotics with 3 Levels of massage intensity.
The Master Drive has an M6 Computer Processer that acts like a brain on the massage robotic. It can detect hundreds of acupoints along the neck, back, and spine. This enables the roller to act like a real masseuse changing the degree of pressures during pre-set programs. The Active L 3D does have scanning however it is not as sensitive or as smooth as the Master Drive.
The Master Drive Ai 2.0 has a chair doctor feature that is powered by the M6 Processor, and Handheld biometric sensor. The Chair Doctor feature will prescribe a massage in real time based on a user tension score and tightness in their neck, back, and glute muscles. The Active L 3D does not have a chair doctor feature.
The Master Drive Ai 2.0 has 28 programs, where the Active L 3D has 12. These are preset massage sessions that provide a multitude of massage techniques and movements, ranging from Relax, to Stretch, to full customization.
The Master Drive Ai 2.0 will have our premium design and upholstery, where the Active L 3D will have a more contemporary look and style. Both chairs are very comfortable however the Master Drive will be the more comfortable chair. The Master Drive will come in 4 colors where the Active L 3D will come in 3.
The Ogawa Master Drive Ai 2.0 has a touch screen remote, Armrest controls, and the Ogawa App on Apple and Android phones. The Active L 3D has a touch screen remote. The Master Drive has a USB charging port where the Active L 3D does not.
Knee Heat and Adjustable Ottoman
The Ogawa Master Drive Ai 2.0 has an Ottoman that can target the knees better by adjusting the top half, where the Active L 3D does not. Both chairs will massage the lower legs and feet with air compression, however the Master Drive will have more control as well as heat in the knees. The Master Drive Ottoman will also be used during program to provide a more thorough Knee and lower leg stretch and massage.
The Air Compression massage on the chairs is how the chair will massage areas the massage roller can not reach. The Master Drive has more airbags with 64 where the Active L 3D has 38 airbags. The biggest difference when using the chair is the Master Drive has hip airbags and 5 Levels of Intensity and the Active L 3D does not have hip Airbags, and has 3 Levels of Intensity.
Both the Master Drive and Active L 3D have Bluetooth speakers.
The Master Drive has chromotherapy lighting where the Active L 3D does not.
The Master Drive will come with a 3 Year In-home Service, Parts, and Labor warranty, where the Active L 3D has a 1 year In-Home Service, 2 Year Parts, and 5 Years Framework. Both have the option of an Extended Warranty.
Comparison at a Glance
- Massage Roller – Master Drive 4D Vario Motion Roller Vs Active L 3D Intelliglide
- 3D Settings – Master Drive has 5 Levels of Pressure Vs Active L 3D has 3 Levels of Pressure
- Body Scan – Master Drive has an M6 Processor for more accurate scan Vs Active L 3D has our standard scanning technology
- Special Features – Master Drive has the Chair Doctor Feature Vs the Active L 3D does not
- Automatic Programs – Master Drive has 28 Vs Active L 3D has 12
- Design – Master Drive has a Modern Design Vs Active L 3D traditional contemporary design
- User Experience – Master Drive has Touchscreen Remote, Armrest Controls, Ogawa App for iPhone and Android, Active L 3D has a Touchscreen remote
- Knee Heat & Massage – Master Drive has an ottoman that can adjust the top half to focus on the knees as well as heat therapy on the knees, the Active L 3D does not have an adjustable knee section or heat in the knees
- Air Compression Massage – The Master Drive has 64 airbags with hip airbags, the Active L 3D has 38 Airbags and no hip airbags.
- Bluetooth Speakers – Both chairs have Bluetooth speakers
- Chromotherapy – The Master Drive has Chromotherapy vs No Chromotherapy on the Active L 3D
- USB Charger – The Master Drive comes with a USB charger Vs No USB Charger on the Active L 3D
- Color Choice - The Master Drive comes in 4 colors Vs Active L 3D comes in 3 Colors
- Warranty – Master Drive has 3 years In-home Service, Parts, and Labor Vs 1 Year In-home Service, 2 Year Parts, and 5 Years Framework on the Active L 3D.
This information should help clarify the differences between two of our most popular massage chairs.